Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Bad 'Selfie' Alert!

Unfortunately there is just no way of getting away with it, if you make a scarf and want to blog about it you just have to have a picture of yourself wearing it! 
My main problem came when the photo had to be a selfie (on a gloomy day) because there was no one else around to take it. 

So, yesterday this...

Innocent Crush Voile and Velveteen

turned into this.

duckeggthreads figure of eight scarf http://www.flickr.com/photos/duckegg/10693628533/
Scarf Selfie

I finally succumbed a few weeks ago and bought a Scarf Kit (there are none in stock at the moment) from Pink Castle Fabrics. You know the ones, pre cut pieces of coordinating Anna Maria Horner Voile and Velveteen to make a Figure of 8 (or Infinity) scarf. I totally went all Anna Maria yesterday and used her tutorial as well, so quick and easy to make. Although its quiet big and bulky (I'm hoping it will soften up and drape a bit better when its been washed) I've been wearing it almost constantly - it did get in the way whilst making tea last night and I took it off for bed! - its so comfy and cosy.

I can also show you my finished October bee blocks for the Together Circle, I'm caught up with my backlog of bee blocks now, just November's to do. I couldnt believe how quick these came together, seriously the cutting out took at least twice as long as the actual piecing together.

October blocks

No sewing today as we are having the chinmey swept and a fire fitted which is going to cause mess, so I'm going to hide myself away up here in the office (our smallish third bedroom which is used as our home office) to tidy, rearrange, throw away, shred etc etc. See you later in the week.

Sarah xx

6 comments:

  1. Your scarf is gorgeous, Sarah! And those bee blocks are sweet! Hope your had a great day tidying your office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely scarf! Great blocks too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Love the scarf. I've been trying to come up with an excuse to get some AMH velveteen! Christmas presents!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab scarf, I've put one of those scarf kits in my basket at Pink Castle- so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is terrible, you have no head!! Gorgeous scarf though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The scarf could double up as a blanket.....fabulous fabric too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think.
I'll respond to any questions as soon as I can.
Sarah x